Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

To future goals and being badass: the alveare

Beekeeping in Sardinia Italy
When I opened this blog, the intention was to document my first year beekeeping - alveare means beehive in Italian. Beekeeping intrigues me and Sardinia seems like a good place to raise happy bees. I spent the summer shadowing a beekeeper, attending seminars, I read books and was all lined up to acquire my colony - but nature had other plans. In September we found out I was pregnant, and the local sages said to wait; better for the health of all involved. I kept the name, the alveare, as motivation to keep goals. I don't know what life will be like with the new addition but I want to give beekeeping a shot and having a mom as a beekeeper seems pretty badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment